Fattening Banana Vitamin? Benefits and Tips
If there is one thing in common between the diet of the people who need to gain weight and the people who need to lose weight is the fact that both processes have to happen in a healthy way, so that each provides the nutrients that the body requires to function properly.
Incredibly, they may bring the same ingredients into their meals, but with differences in portion sizes, eating and preparation, and accompaniments.
Take the banana as an example. The fruit is considered a healthy food and serves as a source of nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fibers, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper zinc, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
- See too: Benefits of banana for health and fitness.
It can be found in both weight-loss and weight-loss programs. But does this happen in relation to all the recipes that lead to bananas? For example, is banana vitamin fattening?
Let's get to know this recipe better and see how it can affect fitness.
Is banana vitamin fattening?
It is important to know that the answer to this question is tied to the ingredients that the recipe takes. There are different versions of banana vitamin preparation mode, which affect body weight in different ways.
So, to avoid confusion, we will adopt a version of the drink to understand if the banana vitamin is fattening. Well, the recipe we chose takes two medium bananas, 200 ml of semi-skimmed milk and 2 tablespoons of honey.
This recipe yields a total of four servings. The calorie value of the entire vitamin jar is 416 calories, however, each cup has 104 calories. Even if we consider a portion twice as large, that is, instead of 4 servings, the prescription yields only 2. Still, 208 calories is not an amount that alone will be to blame for making someone fat.
- Can Banana Be on the Diet? Special Tips
- Babaganuche Fattening? Calories, Recipe Light and How To
- 10 Banana Vitamin Recipes to Lose Weight
- 8 Breakfast Ideas Light
The amount is not small, but it's not that much of an exaggeration, is it? If the person uses the drink in a controlled and healthy meal, it is not expected that it brings great problems to the weight.
For example, she can take the banana vitamin and eat half a small apple in the afternoon snack or use the drink for breakfast, accompanied by a slice of whole grain bread with a bit of lean cheese.
If the person's intention is to gain weight, what she can do is take two servings of the banana vitamin or accompany the drink to other foods that stimulate weight gain such as avocado or two slices of bread with curd.
Fiber is an important nutrient for the digestive system and also for those who want to lose weight, as it contributes to the promotion of satiety to the body. With the body satiated, it is much easier to control the appetite and, consequently, the intake of calories.
Two medium bananas bring a total of 6.2 g of fiber. So our estimate is that each of the four portions of the banana vitamin will bring 1.55 g of fiber. The amount is not too high, but it can contribute to a balanced diet, which already contemplates other sources of fiber in meals.
And the banana vitamin with oats? Does she get fat?
Now that we've seen if the banan vitamin gets fat, let's take a look at a second version of the drink, in a recipe that besides bananas, honey and milk, also brings two tablespoons of oatmeal in flakes.
When we add the caloric content of oats, we have a total vitamin intake of 520 calories. By this, we calculate that each of the four portions of the beverage will present 130 calories, or 260 if it is a double portion. The number is increasing, but it is not yet so exorbitant, is it?
Thus, drink can appear both in the diet to gain weight and to lose weight, provided it is used in the most appropriate way for each goal as we demonstrate in the topic of the first recipe of banana vitamin.
Just take a portion of the banana vitamin with oats suitable for the purpose you have and match the foods appropriate for each goal.
For those who want to lose weight, a special advantage of oats is that it increases the fiber content found in the drink. With two tablespoons, the total value of the jar rises from 6.2 g to 9.1 g. That is, each portion of the vitamin is approximately 2.3 g of fibers.
As we have seen, the nutrient promotes satiety to the human body. One of the fibers found in oats, called beta-glucan, is known to bring about an increase in the sensation of satiety.
With this, we have a "Up" the potential for satiety that the drink brings, and even greater help to control appetite and caloric intake throughout the day.
Banana vitamin for weight gain
Generally, banana vitamins aimed at gaining body weight have other ingredients aimed at increasing the amount of calories and protein. Common ingredients are oats, honey, whey protein, granola and other fruits along with milk.
Banana Vitamin for Weight Loss
Generally, banana vitamins for the purpose of slimming use skim milk, just a banana, oatmeal and some other ingredients for satiety like chia or flax meal, which are also rich in omega-3s.
The presence of a protein powder such as albumin or whey protein is also possible, especially if the vitamin is to be taken before or after bodybuilding or general exercise. The goal is to provide satiety and elements for muscle building.
Other Benefits of Drinking
Now that we know that banana vitamin is fattening if that is your goal, just as it can help you lose weight, we are going to see other benefits that the beverage can bring. To understand this better, let's separate each ingredient to present some of the advantages they can bring.
- Improved digestion, thanks to its fiber content;
- It is a source of potassium, a mineral that is essential for controlling blood pressure and important for kidney health;
- Provides antioxidants to the body, which help fight against free radicals that cause diseases such as cancer and promoters of premature aging;
- It serves as a fuel source for before, during and after the practice of resistance physical exercises.
- Semi-skimmed milk
- It is a source of protein - there are 6.4 g found in each 200 ml portion. The nutrient is important for the formation of muscles, hair and skin and for muscle contraction, it aids the immune system and avoids hormonal changes;
- It also provides calcium, a mineral needed for the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth;
- Milk is also a source of potassium, which benefits the control of blood pressure;
- A survey published in the newspaper Arthritis Care & Research (Care and Research on Arthritis, free translation), which is from the American Institute of Rheumatology, indicated that daily milk consumption was associated with a decrease in the progression of osteoarthritis. The condition reaches the joints and is characterized by the degeneration of cartilage and alteration of its surrounding bone structures.
- It is also a source of antioxidants and thus contributes to the fight against free radicals;
- It is endowed with antibacterial properties, as explained by the director of Honey Research Unit of the University of Waikato in New Zealand, Peter Molan;
- Relieves coughs - a study of 110 children showed that buckwheat honey helped ease nighttime coughs and improve sleep quality;
- It is probiotic, that is, it helps with beneficial bacteria that improve the health of the intestine and facilitate the absorption of nutrients;
- Skin Health: Because of its antibacterial effects, honey can appear in beauty masks and help moisturize and nourish the skin.
Check out all the honey benefits for health and fitness here.
- It does not have gluten - it can be consumed by people who have health conditions that prevent the intake of the substance or have chosen to exclude it from their diet;
- Source of vitamins and minerals like manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and B vitamins;
- Also serves as a source of antioxidants;
- The beta-glucan found in oats helps to lower total cholesterol levels as well as bad cholesterol (LDL) rates. Fiber is still associated with reduced blood glucose levels and the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract;
- Oat bran is attributed to the effect of reducing constipation in the elderly.
Check out all the benefits of oats for health and fitness here.
In the end, what determines whether the banana vitamin gets fat or lose weight is not the isolated fact of consuming it. What makes the difference is how it is consumed.
As we have seen here, it can work in both diets as long as changes are made regarding portion size and the food that comes with the drink in the meals. In addition, whether your goal is to gain weight or lose weight, it is important to know that the crucial difference will not be made by the vitamin itself.
What will bring about the changes needed to achieve the ideal and healthy weight is a complete change in diet and lifestyle. So if you know you need to gain weight or lose weight, we advise you to seek out a good nutritionist. It will help you find the right food program for your case and teach you the best ways to use banana vitamin.
So, did you like the tips?